Ever Thought of Tiny Home Living?
Some kids are lucky enough to have a playhouse or a treehouse. Tiny homes are the big kid’s version.
As an adult, wouldn’t it be fun to live in your own “luxury” playhouse – a beautiful, tiny house, with everything?
Some people are making this childhood dream come true. They are living in the tiniest possible houses. Some of these homes are less than 10 square metres – that’s a house just over 3 metres wide and 3 metres long!
Yes, as typical new houses grow larger and larger, some Kiwi’s are bucking the trend. They’re choosing to live in tiny homes, most of which are less than 20% the size of the average new house.
They have a bed, a kitchen, a bathroom with shower, comfy chairs, a desk or table, and room to store clothes, shoes, books, CDs, and other stuff . . . but not too much other stuff.
Why do people want to live in such a small space? There are many reasons to consider tiny homes:
- They are inexpensive to build
- They are inexpensive to maintain
- Utility bills (electricity, water or heating gas) are tiny
- They are quick and easy to clean
- Freedom of movement trailer tiny homes
- They are very efficient – everything is within reach
- They make a tiny carbon footprint compared to regular-sized houses.
- A simpler life to be had when people live in tiny homes.
Maybe most important, people who live in these homes say they feel free! They don’t have to spend all their money to pay for a typical house. They don’t have to spend all their time fixing and cleaning the house or earning the money to pay for the house.
Maybe we should all think about downsizing to a tiny home.
Would you like us to design you a tiny home? Contact us here.